Thursday, January 9, 2014

Book Carving - Along For The Ride...



For my final project in Art 2, our class did book carvings.  When I heard we were doing it I was so excited because I had never seen anything like it.  We were given multiple themes that we could base our project off of and mine was "Along For The Ride."  My dream has always been to travel the world so of course I had to carve a map of the world and pin point where I wanted to visit.  Of course, there is more places that I want to go to but it just gives an idea of all the places that are tourist sites and popular to visit.  Oh, and trust me, it looks easier than it was.  For this project you had to have a clear idea of what you wanted to do because that is what you would be carving into each layer of pages.  You needed to number all the different layers you wanted and cut them out in a specific order.  This project also tested your patience.  Sometimes something wouldn't go as planned and you just needed to deal and figure out how you can make it better.  A lot of the times the layers wouldn't come completely out after you cut them so they would rip pages and you would have to start all over.  You just had to take time and figure out what you could do to fix if before making it worse.  I decided to do each continent a different color. Greenland isn't a continent I just wanted to make it different, so ignore that. Otherwise, everything is a different color which makes it stand out more.  I loved this project and I think I did a pretty good job on it, at least the best I could do.  the continents look like continents and overall it looks like a map so I say this was a pretty good success especially for my last project of Art 2.  You can bet I'll be doing more projects at home next semester when I don't have an art class at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment