Monday, September 30, 2013

Lime

When I was little, I had a Nintendo game where I could draw things.  For some reason I chose a lime and I thought it would be cool to draw it now that I have more art skills.  A lime would be a perfect up close and personal because of the way the different colors in the lime are. I showed emphasis by the colors in the lime.  I put white on the outside then blended yellow and types of greens with the darkest on the inside.  At first I chose to do chalk but when I blended it didn't look the way I wanted.  I then changed to color pencil and it turned out better.  It was easier to blend when layering the different colors.  I took a risk with the background.  I tried finding colors that would compliment the lime green and wasn't sure if was going to turn out the way it did.  I think it came out pretty good. The only thing I would change is the red background. I would've wanted it darker but sometimes you just need to learn to accept your artwork.  You'll always think there needs to be changes you just need to learn to love it no matter what.

1 comment: