Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What's The Point?

What's The Point?

When my class was brainstorming for 'What's The Point' my two best ideas were a dart and a rose.  I thought of a rose because of the thorns on the stem but I didn't think I could go as far as I could if I chose a dart.  I thought it would be cool if i could make the dart look like it's coming out of the paper like someone was actually throwing it at a dark board.  I started printing out references to help me visualize it, and it came out like this!  I drew it while thinking of a light source.  Then, I imagined which parts of the dart would be dark and which would be light and started shading.  I chose to use a pencil to draw because I thought a pen was too hard.  I didn't like how scrappy the pen looked and I already have experience using a pencil.  Charcoal was way too messy for my liking and too much blending had to be done.  I basically just outlined the shape of the dart board (which doesn't look as good as it should) and the dart and started shading from there. I didn't take as many risks with this piece because it's my first drawing coming back in from summer break and I wanted to make sure I still knew the skills I learned last year, in Art 1.  Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment