Sunday, March 22, 2015

Acrylic Paint--Representational

For my next project, I chose to explore acrylic painting.  I had tried acrylics my freshman and sophomore year of high school, but I was never any good.  This time, junior year, I decided to try it again and try to take more time on it.  I chose a couple of photos of mountains and started painting.  I worked on the mountains after I had finished the sky.  The mountains were hard because there were a lot of shades of blue and greys and white that I had to try to incorporate into them.  I did the trees last.  The trees were difficult for me because I had to find a way to make the trees in the front pop out instead of them all becing the same.  So I went back and put dark, dark green trees first and then put lighter colored trees after.  I incorporated yellows, greens and reds into the trees in the front.  Now that it's done I am very happy that I decided to try acrylic again.

No comments:

Post a Comment